Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Butterfly Pea Vine


(picture found on photobucket by carmiewest)

This is a neat little flowering vine, in Alabama's neighborhood, this little vine is purple. They come in a variation of different colors and can be found at the edges of your brush on roadsides and your lawn.
To begin with, when I was looking for our thin little flowering vine, I tried to look up butterfly vine, I was wrong. It is called the Butterfly pea vine because it's like a pea vine with a small sweet pea like bloom. Sweet peas are in clusters, but this little flower is a single flower. This vine can actually be used as a houseplant! :) I didn't know this until I visited plumera galleries online plant catalog. If you are out of the alabama area and would like this plant. Visit for many other unusual flowers.
You can see this neat little flower around now. It's blooming in alabama as we speak. Have fun and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment